Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 1999 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: École Saint-Damase
Principal: Pierre St-Germain
School Website: www.cssh.qc.ca/St-Damase/
Grades/Subjects Taught: Music
- Give students access to professional quality video, music production and recording technology.
- Insist that students take responsibility for projects undertaken both individually and collectively.
Students have produced numerous audio and audiovisual products, including:
- a CD of 16 songs about typical situations and problems encountered by elementary school students
- interactive electronic books
- animated cartoons with musical a soundtrack.
Formed partnerships with professionals and companies from the recorded music field.
Students have received awards and scholarships from organizations such as Apple Canada and Radio-Canada.
"Sylvain continues to stimulate our children's imagination and helps them fulfill their dreams."Parent
"Mr. Bédard thus shows that the school is a place for excellence, where it is pleasant to learn and express your creativity at the same time." School board official